Virginia Health Care Foundation
Fund Development and Communications Coordinator
The Virginia Health Care Foundation is committed to helping uninsured Virginians and those who live in underserved communities receive medical, dental and mental health care.
- Grant writing and prospect research (up to $50,000)
- Management of grant reporting, including all data collection and other research, and coordinating a company-wide calendar of report due dates
- Annual special event management, including all logistical aspects, mass mailing of invitations, coordination of all printed materials
- Heroes in Health Care – recognizing heroes around the state of Virginia for their accomplishments in health care. Attended by 250 high-level individuals, including the Governor of Virginia, legislators, and major donors.
- Health Safety Net Legislative Day – attended by more than 100 health safety net organization leaders around Virginia to talk with state legislators regarding annual funding for Virginia’s health safety net.
- Fundraising appeal management, ensuring timeliness of appeals, development of materials, and tracking of donations
- Management of all communications efforts, with a special emphasis on press releases and social media
- Coordination of all donor gifts into company database, acknowledgement letters, and other donor-related administrative duties as necessary
Colon Cancer Alliance
Community Engagement Coordinator – Undy 5000 Series
The Colon Cancer Alliance’s mission is to knock colon cancer out of the top three cancer killers by championing prevention, funding cutting-edge research and providing the highest quality patient support services.
- Grant writing and prospect research (up to $25,000)
- Management of all local sponsorship asks from each city the race takes place in
- Coordination of local and national media outreach (radio, television, newspaper, online advertising)
- Management of social media outreach, blog, and press releases
- Assist with logistical aspects of race series, including participant involvement, troubleshooting website and registration problems, attending permit meetings, coordination of details with day-of event vendors, and attending many of the races around the country
- Write, edit, and design the electronic Undy 5000 newsletter and other educational and marketing materials
While Brian and I spent a year abroad in Germany, we maintained a blog about our journeys, from everyday life teaching English to hiking through the Alps.
Various Florida Newspapers
- North Florida Herald (Formerly High Springs Herald) – Jan. 2007-May 2007
- The Independent Florida Alligator – March 2007-May 2007
- Gainesville Sun – Aug. 2007-Dec. 2007
- Upper Keys Reporter – May 2007-Aug. 2007, May 2008-Aug. 2008
University of Maryland, School of Public Policy
College Park, Maryland
- Master of Public Policy, Specialization: Social Policy
- Graduated May 2010
University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science
- Major: Journalism / Minor: Biological Sciences
- Graduated May 2008